Kolkata Airport (CCU) – Transport
Kolkata Airport (CCU) is located about 17 km from Kolkata city centre. If you need a ride from Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport to the city centre you have several transport options to do it:
- Taxi: At Kolkata Airport (CCU) you will find a rank of taxis at the Arrivals area
- Car rental: to rent a car within your Kolkata trip is a great idea. Check our search engine to find the car rental option which fits you the best.
(See more information)
- Bus: the bus stop nearest the Airport is about 15 min walking away from Kolkata Airport. There are several bus lines which connect Kolkata Airport (CCU) with Kolkata city:
o AC-39 (Howrah – Airport) Bus line
o AC-50 (Garia – Belur)
o AC-10 (Nilgaunj Depot – Howrah)
o AC-23A – (Kally Khal – Saltake Gate)
o AC-37A – (Garia – Airport)
o AC-37B – (Garia – Airport)
o AC-43 (Golf Green – Airport)
o AC-49 (Eden city – Airport)
o AC-49A (Behala – Airport)
- Train: at the Arrivals area of Kolkata Airport you will find the Railway station. It was the first connection railway construction with an Airport in the whole India (in 2005). This railway Airport station is connecting Biman Bandar station with “Dum dum”/Kolkata Airport, via Jessore road. The railway station Dum Dum Junction is 5 km away from Kolkata Airport and is the main railway station for many connections.
- Metro: there is a current Metro expansion plan which includes 2 new metro lines to the Kolkata Airport, one from Noapara via Barasat and another from New Garia, both of them stoping by at the Airport.